2D1N Fantastic Nature City
- Kinabatangan River
- Gomantong Cave
- Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre
- Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre
- City Tour
Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre → Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre → → Kinabatangan River → → Gomantong Cave → → Sandakan Nature City
Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre
The SOURC giving tourists the opportunity to watch the orang utan up close in their natural habitat. A boardwalk leads you to a viewing gallery and feeding platform where the apes are fed by rangers.The center taking care of about 80 apes, keeping the endangered Sumatran rhinoceros, elephants and other rare animals as well.
Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre
The mission of the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre in Sabah, Malaysia, is to promote sun bear conservation in Borneo through animal welfare, conservation, rehabilitation, education and research - giving captured sun bears a better home and restoring their right to live in the wild, by:
- Creating the capacity to confiscate, rehabilitate and release suitable orphaned and ex-captive bears back into the wild.
- Providing an improved long-term living environment for captive bears that cannot be released.
- Educating the public and raising awareness about this species.
- Achieving increased protection for sun bears and their habitat through ongoing research, increased knowledge and awareness, and further protection of habitat.
Stretching 560 km from the Crocker Range in the southwest of Sabah to the Sulu Sea in the east, the Kinabatangan River sustains one of the world’s richest ecosystems. The lower basin of the river itself is the largest forest covered floodplain in Malaysia and has the largest concentration of wildlife in the South East Asian region. A trip up the river at dawn or dusk is the best opportunity to see the wildlife, eg. Proboscis monkeys, langurs, orang utan, hornbills, kingfishers, mangrove snakes and etc. You might even sight an Asian elephant or a Sumatran rhinoceros wandering through the trees.
Described by WWF as ’the best-managed edible birds’ nest cave in the world’, Gomantong Caves in the heartland of the Gomantong Rainforest Reserve have been the focus for birds’ nests for centuries. There are two cave complexes - Simud Hitam (Black Cave) soaring up to 90 metres high and the more accessible of the two, and Simud Putih (White Cave), where the more valuable nests are found. A well-maintained boardwalk gives you easy access to do some exploring or watch the skilled harvesters at work.
Sandakan Nature City
Sandakan is located on the eastern seaboard of Sabah. It is a city which is steeped in history. Its character is shaped by the hinterland that embodies Sabah’s rich and diverse biodiversity in all its glory.
The city tour includes :
- Sandakan Memorial Park - commemorates the sacrifice and suffering endured by both Australian and British soldiers who were held by the Japanese as Prisoners of War between 1942 and 1945.
- Puh Jih Shih Buddhist Temple
- St. Michael’s Church - a century old building where Christianity is preached.
- Central Market - see the local produce and fresh seafood are being sold.
- Agnes Keith Museum - learn about the life in the colonial days on Agnes & Harry Keith, who was the first conservator of the Forestry Department in Sabah.
- English Tea House - may have your own choices of refreshment (own expenses).
Itinerary* The itinerary is for reference only, it subjects to any necessary changes in accordance to local requirements.
How to Pay
Pay on travelling day
No advance payment is required, simply pay cash in Ringgit-Malaysia to tour guide. However, you still need pay in full for any cancellation made 1 day prior to tour date.
Accep Visa and MasterCard credit card, Malaysian bank transfer, Paypal, FPX, Alipay. 2.3% surcharge apply. Please be noted that 2.3% processing fee is non-refundable in case there is cancellation 3 days after the payment made.
Min. Participant(s): 1 Persons To Go (child does not counted)
Tour location / Depart from: Sandakan . To reach Sandakan city, you have to take a domestic flight or bus express from Kota Kinabalu or Sandakan. There are direct flights from Kuala Lumpur International Airport too.
Recommend to book: 1 month(s) in advance
To book at least: 3 day(s) in advance
Cancellation & Refund Policy: 31 days or more, no cancellation charge, but need to pay for 5% refund fee; 16~30 days, charge 50% of tour total amount; Less than 15 days or No-Show, no refund. No refund for those tours which involve accommodation.
Tour Type: Private trip. You group will NOT share the trip with other guests.
Insurance: Tourist transportation insurance included. Please contact your insurance agency for personal travel insurance.
Pickup Service: Pickup service will be provided from the hotel/hostel/lodge that you are staying. Please wait at lobby while the tour guide will find you when he/she arrive. Dropoff service will be provided after travelling, please notify us upon booking if your dropoff location is differ from pickup location.
Specialities: You may decide the joining date, no compulsory tips (If you are happy and satisfied with the journey and the tour guide service, it's always a nice way to express your appreciation with tipping, OR words of thanks is good enough).