Kiulu White Water River Rafting
- Class I-II
- Child can join too
Return land transfer, English speaking guide, lunch, rafting equipment & Life jacket.
Have you ever tried kiulu white water rafting before? Why not join us and try rafting down Kiulu river. Kiulu White Water Rafting is a day trip experience that all family can enjoy.
Classified as grade I - II rapids, this river provides an easier, safe, fun and enjoyable white water rafting trip in Sabah, Borneo. Kiulu river is located on the northwestern of Sabah in a small town Kiulu. It is suitable for thrill seekers preferring a mild rafting adventure whilst enjoying the picturesque. The excursion covers up to 15km - duration of 1 hour 30 minutes (especially when the water level is high), making it the longest white water rafting experience in Sabah, Borneo.
While having fun and enjoyable moments, you can also relax your mind and soul with the beautiful enchanting scenery that you will see along the river.
Depart from your hotel in the Kota Kinabalu City and proceed to Kiulu River, located at Tamparuli area. Journey take 1.5 -2 hours drive.
Arrive at starting point. Safety Briefing will be given by professional river guide and signing of Liability Release form.
Rafting commences. Excursions takes about 1.5 hours to the ending point.
Arrive ending point, freshen-up and ready for lunch.
Reach Kota Kinabalu city.
- Children below the age of 5 years old are strictly NOT permitted to join the tour.
- Surcharge of MYR10 per person applied for pickup at outskirt area (Avangio Hotel, Nexus Resort Shangri-La Rasa Ria Resort, Borneo Beach Villas).
- Surcharge of MYR20 per person applied for pickup location in Putatan area (eg. Narada Hotel).
- Surcharge of MYR30 per person applied for pickup location in Kinarut area (eg. Beringgis Beach Resort, Kinabalu Villas).
- Participants must have trimmed fingernails and toenails.
- No jewelries and valuable items allowed to be worn (or brought along) during these activities.
- Please let us know if you have dietary request, e.g. vegetarian.
- Recommended things to bring included : sandal with strap/sport shoes, short and T-shirt (not white colour), swimwear, insect repellent, sun-block lotion, change of clothes, towel, hat.
- People with heart disease, epilepsy or other severe disease are advised not to rafting.
- Please prepare retainer for your glasses, and do not wear contact lenses.
Pickup Time & Transport Fee
The pickup time is for reference only, actual time may be vary depends on number of visitors, distance, season, weather and road conditions, should be within 15 minutes. Transport fee quoted is per person.
|Zone ||Hotel ||Pickup Time ||Fee (MYR) |
|A ||Kota Kinabalu city North (Gaya Centre, Hyatt, Gaya street area...) ||8:30 am ||Free |
|B ||Kota Kinabalu city Center (Cititel, Marina Court, Horizon, ...) ||8:30 am ||Free |
|C ||Kota Kinabalu city South (Sutera Harbour, KK Time Square, ...) ||8:30 am ||Free |
|D ||Airport area (Shangri-La Tanjung Aru, ...) ||8:30 am ||Free |
|E ||1Borneo area (Tune, GrandBorneo, Novotel, Courtyard, ...) ||8:45 am ||Free |
|F ||Outskirt area (Shangri-La Rasa Ria, Nexus Karambunai, ...) ||9:15am ||10.60 |
How to Pay
Pay on travelling day
No advance payment is required, simply pay cash in Ringgit-Malaysia to tour guide. However, you still need pay in full for any cancellation made 1 day prior to tour date.
Accep Visa and MasterCard credit card, Malaysian bank transfer, Paypal, FPX, Alipay. 2.3% surcharge apply.
Please request bank staff to calculate equivalent amount in USD before Telegraphic Transfer (T/T) to Malaysia. It takes 3 days to reach us. No 2.3% surcharge but you have to bear both side banks charges. The balances will be paid to either side as the case may be.
Min. Participant(s): 2 Persons To Go (child does not counted)
Tour location / Depart from: Kota Kinabalu
Recommend to book: 1 month(s) in advance
To book at least: 14 day(s) in advance
Cancellation & Refund Policy: Over 7 days (from date of departure) charge 50% of tour fare; 2 to 7 days charge 75% of tour fare; Less than 2 days charge full tour fare.
Tour Type: Sit-In-Coach basis (SIC). This tour is not private tour, you will share the trip with other guests come from different countries. Please notify us upon booking if you are looking for private tour, surcharge might be applied.
Insurance: Tourist transportation insurance included. Please contact your insurance agency for personal travel insurance.
Pickup Service: Pickup service will be provided from the hotel/hostel/lodge that you are staying. Please wait at lobby while the tour guide will find you when he/she arrive. Dropoff service will be provided after travelling, please notify us upon booking if your dropoff location is differ from pickup location.
Specialities: You may decide the joining date, no compulsory tips (If you are happy and satisfied with the journey and the tour guide service, it's always a nice way to express your appreciation with tipping, OR words of thanks is good enough).