4D3N Danum Valley Field Centre Jungle Tour
Danum Valley Conservation Area (DVCA) was an informal protected area in the Ulu Segama Forest Reserve of primary, undisturbed, predominantly lowland rainforest with an outstanding complement of Borneo flora and fauna. It was part of the almost one million ha forest concession assigned to Yayasan Sabah. In 1976, WWF-malaysia suggested that the area be declared a national park. The Danum Valley Conservation Area (DVCA) is a 438 sq. km tract. However, Yayasan Sabah Board of Trustess resolved on November 28, 1980, to leave the area within Yayasan Sabah concession but shall leave it unlogged for the purpose of conservation. Thereafter it is known as "Danum Valley Conservation Area".
To facilitate activities related to research. Education, training and wilderness recreation, Yayasan Sabah established the Danum Valley Field Centre (DVFC) IN 1986. Located on the edge of Danum Valley Conservation Area, the Danum Valley Field Centre (DVFC) is open to both international and local scientists/ researchers, who must first apply in waiting to the sectary, Danum Valley Management Committee.
Danum Valley Field Centre has evolved into one of the foremost rainforest research establishments in South East Asia. The extensive facilities include permanent research plots and an extensive trail system, well-equipped analytical laboratories, computer and email facilities, a library, climatic station data, phenology monitoring data base, trained field staff, vehicles, housing and sports facilities, a Nature Interpretation and Environmental Education Building and a Nature Discovery Centre, several canopy observatation platforms and towers, and a suspension bridge over the Segama River.
Danum Valley Conservation Area is dominated by dipterocarp tress, with the cnopy reaching a height of over 70 metres in some places. Some 90% of the Conservation Area is classified as dipterocarp forest, with the remaining 10% being low canopy, sub-montane forest mainly found on Mt. Danum in the heart of the Conservation Area.
The rare Wallace Flying Frog, soft shelled turtles, skinks, vipers, more than 40 species of fishes and a profusion of butterflies, such as the spectacular Rajah Brooke, can be seen, as well as more than 120 species of mammals including 10 species of primates. Notably, the Conservation Area and its surrounding are an important habitat for orang hutan and, due in part to minimal hunting pressure , is particularly rich in other large mammals including the Bornean pygmy elephant, banteng, Malayan sun bear, clouded leopard, bearded pig and five species of deer. Danum Valley also provides one of the last refuges in Sabah for the critically endangered Sumatran rhino. Bird diversity is very high and over 300 species of bird have been recorded, including the Bulwer's pheasant, seven species of pittas, the Borneo Bristlehead and all eight species of hornbill found in Borneo.
Itinerary* The itinerary is for reference only, it subjects to any necessary changes in accordance to local requirements.
Pickup Time & Transport Fee
How to Pay
Pay on travelling day
No advance payment is required, simply pay cash in Ringgit-Malaysia to tour guide. However, you still need pay in full for any cancellation made 1 day prior to tour date.
Accep Visa and MasterCard credit card, Malaysian bank transfer, Paypal, FPX, Alipay. 2.3% surcharge apply. Please be noted that 2.3% processing fee is non-refundable in case there is cancellation 3 days after the payment made.
Min. Participant(s): 1 Persons To Go (child does not counted)
Tour location / Depart from: Sandakan . To reach Sandakan city, you have to take a domestic flight or bus express from Kota Kinabalu or Sandakan. There are direct flights from Kuala Lumpur International Airport too.
Recommend to book: 1 month(s) in advance
To book at least: 14 day(s) in advance
Cancellation & Refund Policy: No refund for any cancellation made within 1 day from the tour date, 90% of full payment will be refunded if cancel 2 days and above.
Tour Type: Sit-In-Coach basis (SIC). This tour is not private tour, you will share the trip with other guests come from different countries. Please notify us upon booking if you are looking for private tour, surcharge might be applied.
Insurance: Tourist transportation insurance included. Please contact your insurance agency for personal travel insurance.
Pickup Service: Pickup service will be provided from the hotel/hostel/lodge that you are staying. Please wait at lobby while the tour guide will find you when he/she arrive. Dropoff service will be provided after travelling, please notify us upon booking if your dropoff location is differ from pickup location.
Specialities: You may decide the joining date, no compulsory tips (If you are happy and satisfied with the journey and the tour guide service, it's always a nice way to express your appreciation with tipping, OR words of thanks is good enough).